Search This Blog

Sunday, December 5, 2010

New Desk

This project started 4 or more years ago while I was still on my feet and using a walking stick to get around. I had got to the point of it needed one last coat on the top then broken tib & fib of the left leg putting me out of contention of finishing it off for a while.  Then a heart attack 2 years ago.

Frustrated every time I saw the desk top sitting against the wall in the garage and the desk I was using, the MDF crumbling more and more. In desperation I attacked my desk in the office 2 weeks ago, pulling it apart. Keeping the draws, metal slides and legs which were good Hardwood. The replacement rails are off an old queen size bed.



I sanded the legs back, and set about building a carcase for the set of draws this is all CD ply. Replacing the draw fronts getting rid of MDF and plastic cheap handles I hated.  I edged the draw fronts with some old growth Jarrah a set of Gold plated handles from Bunnings not the cheapest set but close.



More photo's to come but here is the draws. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have a completed desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.