Here's some of the work so far.
I went into production mode to produce nine Bobbins. Three for the Old wheel and six for Sue's wheel. Oak ends and pine shafts. All cut, drilled, glued and roughed down.
Next was trying to straighten the hooks on the flyer, they were badly rusted and I used a wire wheel in the Dremel to remove that. Three were so bad and thin they broke at the bend, in trying to remove them they snapped off at the base and the last one I tried to remove had rusted itself to the Oak. This caused the arm of the flyer to break. A repair was done. To try remove any of the other hooks would have caused further damage. It would have meant a full replacement of the flyer, I cut them off all the remainder and replaced on the reveres sides with new hooks.
You have to recall this was a Flax wheel and when spinning Flax water is used between the fingers while feeding it in, hence the ware on the hooks, orifice and the timber.
Photo below after wire wheel had been around it.
There is still much to do but its all small fiddly bits and will take time as glue has to dry then the area's need to be worked stained and finished.