Search This Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Bonsai and Roses



Early June and it was time to check how the Bonsai were doing prior the winter trim. My oldest Fig was started in 1982. I've lost some over the years due to weather, pest and one to many moves.

The beautiful old Olive Mark bought me back in 1999 sadly had root rot and pests had chewed the underside of the massive trunk and root ball. However we have propagated from cuttings and one part of the root ball to have it carry on.

The other Figs are either descendants of my original or from a variegated Fig cuttings I have..

The Crape Myrtle was grown from seed and the other from a cutting they are only few years old.

They all have thrived here since moving.





 Roses have bloomed

 





Sue reduced the herb garden size by almost 18" but stretched it out a little further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.